Career Opportunities with WeddingDates
Business Development Manager (New Business Development & Account Management)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, driven and highly organised business development manager to join the growing team at WeddingDates. The perfect candidate will be sales and customer focused and preferably will come from a hospitality background.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by identifying business opportunities, networking, cold calling, or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You will plan persuasive approaches / pitches, negotiate and close deals. You must develop a rapport with clients, and nurture leads to convert the sale and throughout the length of the contract.You will build key relationships and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Skills & Experience
The company is looking for a pro-active, consultative business development manager who is passionate about the hospitality industry. You will be diplomatic and motivational with an infectious positive approach and you must have 3+ years of outbound hotel sales experience.
- This role will be responsible for influencing and selling to hotel owners & general managers so you will have experience working at a senior management level in previous roles.
- The ability to work effectively with users of the platform (wedding coordinators) at a more junior level is also part of this role so adaptability and experience across all levels of an organisation is required.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in securing long term contracts in previous roles.
- Will have quantifiable experience with Account Management/ Customer retention, as there is an expectation of 80% client retention year on year in WeddingDates.
- Proven evidence of successfully working to £120,000 budget.
- Experience in outbound prospecting, particularly building your network via LinkedIn is important for this role, as well as identifying opportunities with new venues opening in the market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Plan approaches and pitches. You will work with your UK team-lead to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. You will use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Domain and Industry Background:
- Deep knowledge of and experience in the hospitality sector is a must for this role.
- To be successful you must understand the current economic climate and apply business acumen to conversations with clients to facilitate a collaborative client-supplier relationship ensuring customer satisfaction as well as loyalty.
- Knowledge of online marketing (SEO, PPC + Social Media) a strong plus for this role.
- Familiarity with using a CRM system and video conferencing software (Zoom) would be beneficial.
- Cold calling as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities is in place.
- Pitching to new prospects and negotiating contracts with new venues.
- Cross selling online marketing services to your clients during the year.
- Responsible for all annual contract renewals for your venue clients.
- Liaising with clients to create bespoke marketing plans to coincide with their marketing strategy.
- Developing and implementing timely and topical campaigns through the WeddingDates newsletters and Social Media platforms.
- Liaising with and building relationships with clients in order for them to receive the full benefits of WeddingDates.
Planning & Admin
- Devising 12 month sales strategy to ensure monthly targets are met.
- Forecast sales pipeline and track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Attend weekly KPI meetings with your line manager and monthly communications meetings with the WeddingDates team.
- Travelling within your territory visiting existing clients and pitching to potential new clients.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, representing the CEO and WeddingDates and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
Interested candidates should email their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com